Thursday 5 July 2007

The Madagascan Jazz Time Quartet!




These figures belonged to my father, who was about to sell them on ebay, when I said, 'No!, they'd look great in the restaurant' and personally speaking, I think they do, Thanks pops!



I decided to put them up high to avoid them being 'borrowed' by some jovial customer on his way out, a fate that happened to my African elephant a couple of years ago. However after the Newbury weekly news received a ransom note made from cut out letters, demanding one million pounds or the elephant gets it! It was returned.

The upside of this tale is the Newbury weekly news followed the story, from the theft and the ransom note, to the return, front page three weeks running!

A good friend of mine and former reporter for the previously mentioned paper, runs a PR company Morgan PR, (http://www.morganpr.co.uk/) and I noticed on his blog http://www.morganpr.blogspot.com/ that he has introduced a mutual friend and blogger, Graham Chappel of Gardens4u , http://www.garden4you.blogspot.com/ to the art of video blogging!

Nigel and his wife are dinning with us on Saturday and I intend to ply him with wine and pick his brains as to how it's done, as I think it's time my blog had video!

So far, this week has been very busy, 81 covers this evening, with several late tables joining us post races. New head chef Neil and second chef Tony are both doing a remarkable job in bringing a fresh approach to service and we have all sat down to discuss what new dishes we are going to grace the menu with, so, watch this space!

Tomorrow is my Mother's 70th birthday and we are having a little family bash, here in the restaurant, just six of us and as her only son it's my duty to pick up the tab, wonder if they'll give me discount?!

Have a great weekend, hopefully the sun will shine, you never know, it is JULY after all!













No comments: